Take a walk around your house and see if you have any of these issues. The only way to know for sure is to contact a structural foundation repair expert.
• Do you have any cracks in your walls? Cracks are usually signs of a settling structure.
• Have you noticed any external cracked bricks or foundation, or bricks that don’t line up?
• Are there any cracks, slopes or bulges in your floors?
• How about your doors and windows? Do any of them stick, or are any crooked?
• Has your foundation separated from the rest of your house?
• Have you had problems with gas or water lines? Shifting foundations can cause them to bend or loosen.
Foundation problems can reduce the value of your house, raise your utility bills, create trip hazards, and interfere with electric, gas and water, causing potential safety issues. It’s important to have a correct diagnosis of your foundation problem so that it can be repaired, helping you avoid more serious and expensive problems in the future.